Monday, August 13, 2007

Stamp Away - Dryer Sheet Technique

I had my first experience at StampAway this past Saturday in Cincy! WOW!

I got to hang out with some fantastic ladies and socialize with lots of people who love to stamp!! What more can a girl ask for?

I fell in love with the Rubber Cottage and Inky Antics, not good since I'm supposed to be focusing on Stampin Up! products!!! Argh! *giggle*

Attached are some cards I did with my new stamps.

The single horse is from Inky Antics, and I swear I could ahve bought a whole lot more there! They were so cute.

The field of horses is by Rubber Cottage, and I got it unmounted. So this one isn't that great as I didn't really mount it correctly. I'm going to need to change it around a bit. I've never bought an unmounted stamp before, but bought several this time. How much cheaper!!! I just need to figure out how to mount them correctly!



DRYER SHEET TECHNIQUE...

The last is a wonderful technique taught to me by my friend SueG, she lives up in the Cincy area and always comes up with super ideas. She found this at a swap at Convention this year.

Measure out your card stock, and stamp the image you want on the white piece.
Spray dryer sheet with spray mount and ut Dazzling Diamonds on. Shake off excess and then spray the white card stock with spray mount. Press the dryer sheet on the card stock and stretch until it looks the way you want it. (Sparkle side up!) Let dry for 5 minutes or so.
Cut off the extra dryer sheet around edges and assemble card as you like. It's really pretty and really easy! Just a little messy as you get glitter all over your self. *grin*

The scan is a little crooked, sorry.

The only other really fun thing I learned about at StampAway is about corner punches and fun ways to use them. I found the pretty little trumpet corner pictured on the horse card above.

What a really fun day I had! Thanks Trish, Teresa, Sue, Carol, Brittany, Kyle, and everyone else I met! I had a blast.






2 comments:

Crafts by Heidi said...

Congrats on your new blog. Just getting a chance to check it out from your post to the stampin up group.

Heidi

Tracy in Michigan said...

Hi, great pics and news!! I'm also a SU demo that has become addicted to unmounteds! I use EZ Mount and a hotknife - makes it real easy!! I've even stopped mounting my SU! stamps. Good Luck with everything!